|We are the UK's largest tenant referencing and specialist insurance firm and a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies To Work For'.
Barbon Insurance Group has 3 brands HomeLet, Rentshield & Movem. Head office is based in Lincoln and is home of the HomeLet Brand, Rentshield is based in Teignmouth and Movem in Brighton. We work with tenants, landlords and letting agents – providing them with an award-winning referencing service and a comprehensive suite of insurance products.
Our vision is to be the best insurance and referencing business in the country.
|The Barbon Insurance Group Limited, is the parent company to a number of well established brands within the Private Rented Sector. Acting as an insurance intermediary, Barbon provides both tenant referencing and a wide range of insurance services to protect both landlords and tenants alike.
The main purpose of your role will be to assist the Legal & Claims Team in delivering an efficient, high quality claims provision to our customers. You will achieve this by handling Rent Guarantee and Legal Expense claims, efficiently and accurately. Your role will also include some exposure to civil litigation in Landlord and Tenant Law with the support of a Solicitor.
• Adhere to all relevant policies, local processes, regulatory and business service level agreements;
• Input, assess & manage a portfolio of claims, storing the relevant documents & evidence on the
• Manage all customer enquiries across varied mediums, including but not restricted to email, telephone &
• Escalate where appropriate any fraud indicators highlighted from fraud measures in place;
• Take pre-emptive steps to enhance recovery potentials within a claim by issuing demand letters to the
• Accurately manage & calculate financial payment requisitions as part of the claim ensuring payments are
made to the policy holder efficiently with relevant tracking & recording in place;
• Manage customer relationships effectively to ensure the claim progresses efficiently and any refunds
due back to us are forthcoming; and
• Accurately manage & calculate financial payment requisitions at Vacant Possession stages of a claim
ensuring that any proposed deposit use and/or dilapidations are validated & taken into consideration
when calculating payments due.
• Liaise with our approved supplier of legal advocates to arrange legal representation at court hearings,
producing and recording on systems the required documents for such hearings;
• Liaise with County Courts nationally to arrange Bailiff & Eviction appointments when tenants fail to
• Serve legal notices to the tenant tailored to their circumstances and in-line with current legislation to
regain possession of the property as efficiently as possible whilst managing and escalating any
associated risks accordingly; and
• Work as “One-Team” in collaboration with the teams Tenant & Landlord Litigator and the approved legal
services provider to ensure that the legal service provided is robust, low risk and efficient.
|Education / Qualifications:
• 3 GCSE results (C) or equivalent qualifications.
• English and Maths GCSE or equivalent qualifications;
• CII FIT/CERT; or
• CILEx Level 3 Certificate.
• Administrative and customer facing experience;
• Numerate, ability to work under pressure and good computer skills (including MS office, outlook & excel);
• Able to manage difficult conversations; and
• Able to work on own initiative.
• Previous insurance claims handling; or
• Knowledge and/or previous experience of The UK Laws surrounding the private rental market in respect
of tenant evictions.
Skills / Aptitudes
• Collaborative Working- Works Co-Operatively as One Team;
• Communicating Clearly- Communicates Professionally;
• Leading & Developing- Drives Own Development;
• Thinking Customer- Puts the Customer First;
• Commercial Mind-set- Makes an effort to limit wasted resource;
• Analysing & Initiating- Makes Effective Decisions;
• Adapting & Responding- Is Open to Change;
• Taking Ownership- Accepts Responsibility;
• Creating & Innovating- Seeks Improvement; and
• Acts with integrity, showing respect and fairness.
|We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the UK.|
|25 day’s holiday + bank holidays, Employer pension contribution, 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service, healthcare cash plan, subsidised gym memberships, online discounts and cashback cards from a variety of high street retailers, free parking, free office fruit, on site therapies, and a variety of flexible benefits (including private medical cover, private dental cover, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, charitable giving)|
|19 Jun 2019|