|We are the UK's largest tenant referencing and specialist insurance firm and a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies To Work For'.
Barbon Insurance Group has 3 brands HomeLet, Rentshield & Movem. Head office is based in Lincoln and is home of the HomeLet Brand, Rentshield is based in Teignmouth and Movem in Brighton. We work with tenants, landlords and letting agents – providing them with an award-winning referencing service and a comprehensive suite of insurance products.
Our vision is to be the best insurance and referencing business in the country.
|The focus of the Compliance & Risk team is to support the business in fulfilling their compliance accountabilities and delivering the commercial strategy. The Compliance Monitoring Officer will be responsible for conducting thematic reviews and check the checker monitoring in accordance with the compliance plan, and under the guidance of the Head of Compliance & Risk.
Monitoring activity will follow a risk based model to assess the extent to which all areas of the business adhere to regulatory procedural requirements. Working with these departments to then ensure relevant internal control standards are in place to allow Barbon to meet external legal and regulatory requirements.
All members of the Compliance team are expected to help facilitate a strong compliance culture throughout the Company and maintain an effective relationship with management and staff within the Company, assisting them at all times to comply with relevant regulations.
|• Undertaking thematic reviews in accordance with the Compliance Plan, delivering scoping documents, methodology documents and reports for the business
• Delivering the programme of risk based monitoring and oversight reviews of the business first line activities, including claims, complaints, quality assurance and fraud controls, ensuring continued adherence to legal and regulatory obligations
• Reviewing suspicions raised from referencing and legal and claims, undertaking in-depth investigations on information provided, with detailed outcomes and actions communicated back to the relevant departments. Where necessary, handling the reporting of the suspicious activity to external agencies
• Working closely with the Quality Assurance function to ensure the methodology and criteria align with business risks and the compliance plan, also providing them support, advice and guidance with application of the criteria and assessment of appeals
• Ownership of the sanctions checking procedures ensuring Barbon’s regulatory obligations are met and can be evidenced
• Management and response to all data protection requests and complaints received, in accordance with ICO Guidelines
Education / Qualifications
A Level or equivalent standard of education A relevant professional qualification such as CII, or ICA
Experience / Knowledge
Minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a FCA regulated, (General Insurance) environment
Ability to assess, apply and review systems and controls against FCA requirements
Exemplary communication skills, including verbal and written, with an ability to communicate complex issues and engage at management levels within the organisation.
Demonstrable knowledge of Barbon’s working processes for the sale and administration of General Insurance
Thorough knowledge of all products offered by Barbon
Knowledge and understanding of the private rental sector, specifically letting agent, landlord and tenant relationships
Skills / Aptitudes
Communicate with an open and collaborative style and networks effectively
Solve complex problems
Seek out, manage and influence opportunities for continuous improvement and change
Seeks opportunities for self development for self
PC literate- including PowerPoint and Excel
Planned and organised approach to working
Structured approach to documenting work
|We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the UK.|
|25 day’s holiday + bank holidays, Employer pension contribution, 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service, healthcare cash plan, subsidised gym memberships, online discounts and cashback cards from a variety of high street retailers, free parking, free office fruit, on site therapies, and a variety of flexible benefits (including private medical cover, private dental cover, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving)|
|21 Aug 2019|