|Debt Recovery Paralegal|
|We are the UK's largest tenant referencing and specialist insurance firm and a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies To Work For'.
Barbon Insurance Group has 3 brands HomeLet, Rentshield & Movem. We work with tenants, landlords and letting agents – providing them with an award-winning referencing service and a comprehensive suite of insurance products.
Our vision is to be the best insurance and referencing business in the country.
|You will maximise recovery against Tenants & Guarantors that contribute towards the ~£2.1 Million paid out annually in Rent Guarantee. To achieve this, you will have ownership of a portfolio of debt recovery cases, which have arisen due to successful claims on our insurance policies. You will be responsible for managing those cases through to completion, which will include pre-action correspondence, issuing of proceedings and enforcement of Judgments. You will work collaboratively with the Claims Handling Team to maximise the success of recovery through pre-emptive intervention and minimise costs incurred in pursuit of repayment.|
|• Contact Tenants and Guarantors in line with agreed contact strategies and risk
profiling whilst seeking repayment of Debts
• Establish, implement and manage sustainable repayment arrangements tailored to
the needs of both the Business and Debtor ensuring late payments are chased and
enforcement action taken.
• Accurately manage and calculate settlement figures for all debtors, supporting all
areas of the business in relation to Rent Guarantee Claims Recoveries.
• Investigate claims and prepare for drafting proceedings;
• Draft court proceedings and prepare applications for enforcement purposes;
• Prepare legal briefs and instructions to counsel;
• Handle a portfolio of disputed matters and provide support in the handling of
• Understand the service level agreement in place with the appointed panel solicitor,
liaising and chasing as needed to ensure successful recovery.
• Monitor and prioritise incoming email and post, communicating where necessary,
bringing, presenting overview of file status and proactively make recommendations on
• Accurately manage & calculate financial payment requisitions as part of the
recoveries process and ensure that payments are made to the Landlord efficiently
with relevant tracking & recording in place.
• Work closely with outsourced providers to maximise the success of recovery through
strategy planning and efficient query handling.
• Adhere to all relevant policies, local processes, regulatory and business service level
• 5 GCSE results (C) or equivalent qualifications, of which must be English and Maths
• 3 A Levels grade C or above.
• Graduate in Law;
• Associate standard of CILEx
Essential Experience/ Knowledge
• Ability to work with technology
• Ability to work in a business environment
• Customer service skills
• Hands on & Practical ability
• Ability to work within the physical nature of the job
• Proficient in Microsoft Word
• Use of Email/Internet
Desirable Experience/ Knowledge
• Experience in Contractual Disputes / Civil Litigation / Debt Recovery
|We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the UK.|
|25 day’s holiday + bank holidays, Employer pension contribution, 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service, healthcare cash plan, subsidised gym memberships, online discounts and cashback cards from a variety of high street retailers, free parking, free office fruit, on site therapies, and a variety of flexible benefits (including private medical cover, private dental cover, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, charitable giving)|
|25 Feb 2020|